Friday, March 13, 2009

My First Weekly Update ?

I can't believe it, but I guess this is actually my first post within a week of the last one. Well, I decide to post some ideas, since I'm waiting for some results of my simulations.This are my weekly News1- I have updated the video drivers (to Catalist 9.2) (see previous post) !!! I un-installed the old ones (9.1) from the console and installed the new ones from the console (no restart in between). When I restart everything seemed to work perfectly... yes, only seemed. I have to admit that I'm very happy that I have no need to re-install the touch-screen support in my laptop after updating the video drivers (yeah, I know it sound weird, but in this laptop the ATI motherboard relationship seems to be extremely intimated).2- I haven't have time to check the audio output behavior so far, I will this weekend.3- I gave up on Evolution. Move all my files back to Thunderbird, with some minor problems, but now everything is ready to get rid of Evolution. Sad. But I had no freezing situations using enigmail.4- The Network Manager/Management seems it the same situation than last week... sometimes I connect, some times I don't. Still don't know why.5- I still have the same problem with sessions...6- I haven't tried Hibernation yet.7- I haven't work on the screen rotation8- I'm working now with Eclipse, subclise (the subversion plug-in), SFTP (to send my latest code to the cluster where my applications run) and yesterday I installed the valgrind plug-in. I'm really exited !!!9-On the negative side, I got 2 freezing situations: 2009-03-12 - 15:50 and 2009-03-12 - 17:03. I guess if could be because of the video drivers.... I'm going to try to be more consistent in this.This weekend plans are:A) to test of the functionality and evaluate the new updated software packages. I just installed Banshee 1.4.3B) to have my camera ready to document weird video output. Could Banshee be a replacement of Rhytmbox+Miro ?

No comments: