Monday, September 15, 2008

Skype and External Hard Drive

Well, this weekend was a lot of fun :)

Firstly, I finally configured Skype, using the web as source of knowledge. Basically I downloaded a static version of Skype and I'm running it with pasuspender. Of course because I'm using pasuspender the music I'm playing go mute during my call... which is a good thing specially when I'm talking with my mom. However is a bad thing when I want to be just on-line waiting for calls. I need to read this post to fix this problem.

Secondly, I bought an external hard drive and I'm using it to backup my files. I have to use encryption for this because I have sensitive data. I'm still using scripts for the backup because I'm not sure that the backup software will give me full freedom, for example access my backed up data from a different platform, or using a different software to access the saved data. I'm thinking that if I need to access my backed up data is because something failed and therefore I'm not sure what software I will have at hand to access my data.

Well, now I have to go back to my weekly work routine.

No comments: